- Bed bug bites: If you wake up with red, itchy bites on your body, especially in clusters or a line, it's likely that you have bed bugs. These bites are often the first sign of a bed bug infestation and can be a clear indication that you need heat treatment.
- Visible bed bugs: Bed bugs are small, brownish insects that are about the size of an apple seed. They are most active at night and can be difficult to spot during the day. If you see any live bed bugs crawling on your mattress, bedding, or furniture, it's time to consider heat treatment.
- Bed bug fecal matter: Bed bugs leave behind dark, rust-colored stains on your mattress, bedding, and furniture. These stains are actually their fecal matter and can be a clear indication that you have a bed bug infestation.
- Strong, musty odor: Bed bugs release a strong, musty odor that is often described as smelling like coriander or cilantro. If you notice this odor in your home, especially near your mattress or furniture, it's a sign that you may have a bed bug infestation that requires heat treatment.
- Multiple bites on different people: Bed bugs are notorious for spreading quickly and easily. If you and other members of your household are experiencing bites, especially in different areas of the body, it's likely that you have a bed bug infestation that requires heat treatment.
If you notice any of these signs in your home, it's important to take action immediately. Contact Midwest Bed Bug Services; We specialize in bed bug heat treatment to get rid of these pests once and for all.