How to Prepare for Bed Bug Treament
The Midwest Bed Bug Way...
The following checklist will help you prepare your house for proper treatment.
- Shut down sprinkler system, cap sprinklers or set system to activate at 200F or above.
- Deactivate or remove smoke/heat/fire detectors and alarms in service areas.
- Provide access to unit and all interior areas of unit. Unlock storage chests and cabinets in area.
- Unplug all electronic devices including, but not limited to, computers, clocks, televisions, etc.
- Open luggage and dresser drawers. If drawers are packed, remove some clothing and hang.
- Remove all pets and plants (including fish).
- All floors must be vacuumed and clean ; All items moved from under beds and furniture
- DO NOT remove sheets, linens, covers or encasements from bed and mattress.
- Remove all prescription medications from premises or place in refrigerator.
- All trash and ash trays must be removed and emptied
- Put plastic blinds all the way up or take down (preferably)- the heat can make them droop and become unusable
- Our crew will be going into all of your closets and drawers so if there is anything that you do not want them to see please remove it
- Do not pile or bag clothing, furniture and personal belongings.
- Space clothing in closet. If closet is packed tightly, remove some clothing and hang elsewhere.
- Remove all compressed gasses!!! Like Aerosol cans, oxygen tanks, etc.
- Waterbeds must be drained of all water.
- Air mattresses should be deflated by approximately 5%.
- Secure loose papers, photographs and other items that could be damaged by high wind.
- FINAL STEP BEFORE TREATMENT: Run clothes that you are going to wear through dryer on high heat for 1 hour, put clothes on and don't sit down before you leave for treatment.
The following temperature-sensitive articles must be inspected for insects and protected from the heat treatment. Items may be stored in the refrigerator (if not unplugged), inside a chilled cooler or removed from the premises for the duration of the treatment. Any item that is not going to be exposed to the heat treatment should be wiped with a clean rag before storing or removing it from the premises. If any item is found to be infested with insects, it must be brought up to your technician’s attention before the treatment begins.
•Chocolate, candy and other melting food items.
•Carbonated beverages, alcoholic or otherwise, in cans and bottles.
•Aerosol or pressurized cans of any kind (deodorant, hairspray, spray paint, etc.)
•Candles, deodorant, lip balm, make-up and other items prone to melting.
•Musical instruments & vinyl records
•Wine and other items that could spoil from exposure to heat.
•Christmas trees need to be removed if not in storage
As a rule of thumb, any item that would be damaged or melt if left on the dashboard of a closed car in the summer should be removed from the premises or protected from this treatment. Fuel, paint thinners, turpentine and all other combustible products.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO PERSONS, THE PREMISES OR PERSONAL PROPERTY AS A RESULT OF FAILING TO PREPARE THE PREMISES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE REQUIREMENTS.
What we do
Watch Our Video...
Learn how we treat for bed bugs and what you can do to prepare for treatment. Our 10 plus years of experience will help get you the results that your want... Bed Bugs Gone.
Pressurized Heat Treatment
Pressurized Bed Bug Heat Treatment is the most effective way to get rid of bed bugs in one treatment. Call Us to learn more. It is not as expensive as you'd guess.
90 Day Warranty
You are hiring us to get rid of the problem, not just treat them, so we warranty our treatment for 90 Days.
Discretion is important to many of our customers. Due to this, we do not have logos on any of our vehicles or equipment.
How Our Heat Treatment Works
We use a 1.2 million btu heater that ducts 140 - 160 degree heat into your home or apartment to raise every square inch of the inside temperature to above the proper killing temperature of 122 degrees. Once we have raised the temperature in the coldest area to 122 degrees we maintain that temperature for at least 3 hours.
Our system pressurizes your house with heat and forces the heat through walls, furniture, behind baseboards and into every nook and cranny in your home. This is what really sets us apart from other companies. At 122 Degrees, bed bugs and their eggs die in less than a minute. We know how to get rid of bed bugs fast, easy and in one treatment.
What You Need TO Do
How To Prepare
Because we employ pressurized heat to treat your entire home there are a few things that we want you to prepare. but it's not as bad as you would think.
- Aerosol Cans
- Live Plants
- Prescription Medications
- Vinyl Records
- Crayons, etc
The rest of our preparation revolves around general cleaning. We actually call it "Cleaning Like Mom Is Coming Over."
Other Things to Consider
Bed Bugs are a blood sucking insect. They do not respond to chemical treatments like other types of pests do. Because bed bugs only ingest blood, please don't start spraying over the counter chemicals around your house. It will only spread the bed bugs into other areas and/ or push them into hiding spots like your walls, baseboards, deeper in the furniture.
Your best option is to contact us quickly to get the bed bugs completely eradicated from your home.
10+ Years of Happy Clients
"One and Done"
“I should have called Midwest Bed Bug Services from the very start of my bed bug ordeal!!! They were very professional and honest and came out as soon as they could. I had to have treatment In my house and I have not seen one bug ever since! I would recommend them to anyone. Thanks for all your help!”
"Did what they said"
"Much like an "ISO registered business" is required to do; They said what they were going to do, Did what they said they were going to do and gave me documentation stating what was done including a warranty supporting the work performed. You can't ask for more than that! I give Midwest Heat Treatment a positive 18 from a 1 to 10 scale. -Rich Robberson."
"Professional and Courteous"
“Jason with Midwest Bed Bug Services was very professional and courteous. He took the time to explain the process and he answered every question I had with great patience. The process itself was very painless and there was little prep work required. I would highly recommend anyone whom has a problem with bed bugs use MWBBS.”
“Midwest Bed Bug Services did an awesome job for us. It has been 2 months since the treatment and we have not seen one active bug. The team gave me an estimate over the phone and came out the next week. My mother-in-law used a spray service to treat her problem and over a year later is still having issues. Midwest was one treatment and done. Highly recommend them.”
request a free estimate